" SpiritofSaltSpring:BC:Canada:GulfIslands:SaltSpring:Salt Spring:

October 27, 2008

Can't See the Forest for the Trees



I've been thinking a lot lately about my photography and what I'm going to do with it. I don't like taking pictures of trees. I find that kind of boring. This photo above is two photos combined together. I came across this cross etched into an Arbutus tree while on a hike and the leaf, well, just a leaf on the ground during a walk.

I think you can reach a point with your photography where you can feel stuck. I feel that way. I'm not doing anything that's interesting and even though I might take some pretty pictures, they aren't cohesive and there's nothing about them that is getting at the heart of me expressing something creative that means something to me personally. They just aren't cutting it.

That's where I feel I'm at. I need a way to define my way of seeing, a niche, an approach that's about more than just photos that are pleasing to look at.

Here I am surrounded by the most heavenly beauty and for some reason I suddenly feel like I have nothing to photograph. I've never experienced that before.

No comments: