" SpiritofSaltSpring:BC:Canada:GulfIslands:SaltSpring:Salt Spring:

November 13, 2008

Picnic? Where?


Spectacular day here today but I was out of sorts to be honest. I was feeling a bit like this empty picnic table: blank! Where's the food? Who forgot the food? Where's the potato salad and the wieners and the BBQ. How could you forget the six pack? Honestly! I'd give anything for some chips. That's how today felt. Too quiet.

I've been having a lot of trouble making fire because the wood we got is not good wood. It's damp. And, that means it takes forever for me to get the fire hot and that means I've been a little cold and I don't like cold. I don't like winter. And, it isn't really cold yet? I have to get this fire thing down before it's really, really COLD. Cavewoman. Fire. Now. Hot. Why not working? That's how I"m feeling.

I was missing my Vancouver friends today. I was missing their quick wittedness. Missing the banter and the intellectual stimulation. You forget when you move somewhere that it takes a really long time to find people that you really like and vice versa who you are comfortable with so that you can just be exactly who you are in all your improper glory.

I'm thinking of ending this Blog and creating an anonymous one so I can write what I really want to write about being here. You may have noticed that the posts haven't been too inspired lately. It's because I feel like I really can't say too much...just in case.

So, if you have any suggestions or you'd like to know something about Salt Spring and what it's like living here, I'm all ears...

No comments: